Sunday, January 22, 2012

Just a few tidbits on me...

family picture

For those of you who have never met me and maybe a few that have, my name is Kaylan Shepherd. I transferred to the University of South Alabama this semester and so far, I have enjoyed every minute of it. I am currently in the undergraduate program for K-6 elementary education. Hopefully, I will finish up in about five semesters and finally make my teaching dream a reality.

I was born in Pensacola, FL; after a few moves my parents and I made it to Fairhope, AL where I attended kindergarten through tenth grade. My junior year of high school, we moved to to Spanish Fort, AL where I graduated from Daphne High school.

Afterwards, I spent a few semesters at Faulkner State Community College before I transfered to Le Cordon Bleu in Orlando, FL. For those of you who are unfamiliar with that, it is a culinary school which originated in France. I graduated from there with a degree in Patisserie and Baking. While attending school I worked for Walt Disney World. Above all that was the most enjoyable time in my young adult life.

After becoming a sous chef and pastry chef for a few restaurants, I ended up back in Daphne, where I met my amazing husband. He is a full time banquet chef and part time caterer from our recently opened catering business, Sack Lunch Catering. Together we have two beautiful little girls, Taryn and Tristan.

Well, after all this, I am left with an extremely busy life as a full time wife, mother and student and a part time pastry chef, caterer and entrepreneur. I am looking forward to sharing more, with all of you, on my new blog.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy teaching more than cooking. Sometime I prefer cooking - a hobby of mine.

    Welcome to EDM310.

    Your picture MUST be a headshot of you and only of you.

    ReplyDelete