Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blog Post #11

qr code
I love how Ms. Cassidy incorporates technology into the classroom. Honestly, I would like to use technology in every way she does.  The first thing that I would like to include in my class is blogging. As many of the children said, it helps them write better. In my ideal classroom, I would have a class blog website. It would include my blog and an individual blog page for each student. The children's parents and the rest of the community could see all the great things that we are doing in my classroom. I have also, begun to play with the idea of a QR code. Qurify is a simple way to add just text. There are other sites that will allow you to link to a website or your class blog. I have tons of ideas of how we could use this for class but I'll save that for another post.


technology
As I stated earlier, I see the techniques Ms. Cassidy uses to be very beneficial to her classroom. For this reason, I think it would be beneficial to my classroom. I already discussed this a bit, but blogging helps children write better. I expect students to work hard, but I don't expect them to be perfect. Blogging allows children to get positive feedback. Their parents, peers, or I could say how they could have written the sentence better. The techniques Ms. Cassidy uses also teach valuable life skills, like sharing, communication, and collaboration.

1 comment: