Monday, February 6, 2012

A Vision For 21st Century Learning

Kenesha Brown's suggestion "A Vision for 21st Century Learning", is an ambitious goal for educators, but not an impossible one. Thanks to new developments in technology, formats for games have been made for us to experience life as a Roman or take a wagon ride along the Oregon trail. I remember when I was younger and my family had our first computer, a game called Where in the World is Carmen San Diego used a similar idea to teach. Carmen was a thief who traveled back in time and stole documents, inventions, etc. To receive clues, you would have to answer historical facts or perform mathematical equations. By having the information presented to me in a entertaining fashion, I was able to retain the knowledge.
I can even see technology being used still today to enhance learning. For Christmas, my one year old daughter got a leap frog laptop. She presses the letter p and it asks "what animal eats bamboo"; then she is instructed to press a paw and receives the answer and a celebratory noise when she does so. And this is just the beginning...

1 comment:

  1. " Where in the World is Carmen San Diego " I remember that. Good point!

    Please combine all parts of a post assignment into ONE post in the future. Multiple posts waste a lot of time for the evaluators. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete